A line from comedian Steven Wright- " I like reminiscing with strangers" Its funny to think about and with a person that is fun and willing to be a little crazy then this situation could be awesome.
I recently found a couple of blogs from some friends from a time long past. These people remind me how much i actually lived in my head and how much I felt like I was smart.... that definitely is a long time past. Thinking about it, i still can't believe that they were friends with me and liked me. I am not of that same mental caliber. Every memory I have including these people are mentally charged with discussion and analysis. Taking things for face value was never acceptable. The relationships proved to be complicated and intriguing. Through the fates weave of threads we created our influence even if it was in our own little corner.
Now after catching up on blog posts and reading words that have flitted around my own mind, i remember that we were and are kindred spirits. That is why friendship evolved. That is why even if i didn't fit in with the group, I did with them and that was sufficient. The minor and major connections will always be there. i will always treasure the plans of world domination and exploration of the off blockbuster path movies.
I realize that this may not sound anything like me and some may be thinking, this isn't Joanna... but it once was and always will be in the right company. Certain people bring out characteristics of our sub-conscious. i liked that version of Joanna but know it is always better in moderation. Too much creates a detached Joanna that doesn't find happiness, just pleasure. The whole world doesn't live on that kind of fantasy and whim but i can definitely enjoy the ride when the tempest picks me up.
So THANK YOU dear friends for reminding me how lovely the written poetic word is and how it feels to let my soul fly with its melodies.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wow, Aristotle, I had no idea!
ReplyDelete