Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A tooth for a tooth and a silver lining

It has been almost 4 years since I have had a cleaning. I know for a few of my friends that are either training to be dental hygenists or are already dental hygenists or are just obsessed with their teeth, are cringing and possibly rethinking your relationship with me.

But I must tell you that every dentist visit I have is followed by a migraine the size of texas that lasts a good long while. Getting my teeth worked on has never been my friend. I know that is not a great reason for letting my dental health slip but man i get enough headaches for no reason at all I just didn't want to get one on purpose.

Yesterday I caved. I needed to go. My gums were killing me. Not my teeth my gums.
After a 45 minute cleaning, they told me that a filling I received about 5 years ago wasn't done very well and left a space in my teeth that is causing stuff to get stuck in there and irritating my gums. What does this mean for me? A cap. With insurance, it will still cost over $400.

Why is it that I have to suffer and pay for a mistake of another dentist.....

Oh well. At least a migraine didn't come with this last visit as all I have to relieve the pain would be tylenol! My silver lining :-)

2 comments:

  1. you poor thing. i really hate going to the dentist.

    so have you found out what you are having?

    Josh and I were both pretty bummed we didn't get together over the 24th. we are coming down this weekend. Jason blessing his baby on sunday. we should try to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged! :) Check out my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete