So I have been documenting some of this very strange and new experience in my online journal but I figured it was a while since I posted here so I'll give an update. Probably for my own purposes rather than thinking that anyone really wants to know...
I am 15 weeks today. I have an appt this friday to hear the heartbeat again. the second best part of this appt is the referral for the level II ultrasound for two weeks after that to find out what we are having.... SO EXCITED! and yes we WILL (as long as the baby bean is in a cooperative mood) find out what we are having.
Funny story is that Jared has gone to all the baby gender predictor websites and feels pretty strongly we are adding a boy to our little family. I honestly don't feel swayed either way. I don't have a 'feeling' so I am not going to worry about it. I am just sure that this baby will be what it is supposed to be and I am completely satisfied with that. :-)
My jeans now don't fit very comfortably at all. I mostly wear my stretchy band capri's (that aren't actually maternity) and my uber comfy summer dresses from walmart. I think I will soon have to get my sister's tub of maternity clothes... (its funny cause I offered to store it at my house a week or two after I found out but hadn't told anyone yet...)
Jared says I now have a Santa belly. It rumbles when I laugh really hard which in turn makes him laugh harder and makes me laugh harder... its a vicious cycle :-)
I was one of those people that generally had fairly long, complex dreams for most of my life and I can even still remember quite a few of them from my childhood. Well now that I have pregnancy hormones coursing through my body, my dreams have intensified 10x fold! Literally almost every night I have at least one major dream. If it so happens that the first dream is intensely scary, and I wake up from it in the middle of the night, it is almost guaranteed that I will have another equally intense but just not scary dream after I fall back asleep. I even had the experience of waking from a dream and feeling as if I were going to freeze to death. It was to the point that my body felt rigid and I couldn't relax. I got up to get a thick blanket to put over my other blanket to help with the cold. (mind you that this is summer in the valley of AZ, where even at night it is 90 degrees outside and our thermostat is at its lowest at 77 degrees) As soon as I got the other blanket and was under the covers the real temperature set in and I realized my dream was set in a frozen tundra. Back here in reality I was actually kind of warm. Interesting what our minds can convince our bodies to believe isn't it?
As for something a little more normal, the sickness is over. There are still moments of gagging and deep breathing through my nose to calm the up-chuck reflex but all in all, I feel fairly back to normal.
New trimester upsets- Back aches and really tired shoulder and neck muscles. Headaches all the time. But no nausea and I am still sleeping really well. Naps elude me but I think that is what contributes to the good night sleeping. Also I am no longer waking up in the middle of the night with the urgent need to go to the bathroom. I think this is by far the best achievement.
Confession: It's not really real yet. Yes my body is changing fast but I am hoping that seeing the next ultrasound will make me believe that the bean growing in me is really mine and will be here soon. That and when I start buying a crib, pac-n-play, diapers etc.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment