Friday we decided to get our playing out of the way. We did a double feature of the new movies "Valentines Day" and "Percy Jackson and the Olympians:The Lightning Thief". We are movie people and we do double features when ever it can work out that way. If we are lucky and can plan it right we try to have both movies start before 12pm because at AMC the tickets are $5. So $20 for 2 movies for 2 people is a pretty sweet date :-)
Review for Valentines Day:
It was pretty funny. I liked it overall. One scene is awkward and not because anything racy or dirty happens, it is just the context and the people in it. It has everything you can possible think of that could happen on Valentines day happen. Just a whole lot of stories happening, somehow all connected. I think it is funny that basically this was a movie to see how many A-listers could fit in the promotion. Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner were hilarious! The bloopers at the end really made the movie. (I have an addiction to Bloopers. i can never get enough :-) )
Review for Percy Jackson:
Pretty decent. DON"T READ THE BOOK BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE. It will just make you frustrated at the liberties they took with how the movie is done. Don't get be wrong the movie is entertaining and has some good scenes however I will never understand why they make changes to the plot when if they just tried a little bit to just follow the book they would have done so much better. I don't exactly know how they will do another one (which is their plan). The changes they did to this plot kind of make it difficult to set up the next book. But oh well. What ever. I have decided the movie that happens in my head when I am reading a book will ALWAYS be better than what movie producers can put on the silver screen. I know most of you will say, "Hello Joanna! You are just now realizing this? the movie is NEVER as good as the book". I guess I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. I want to see a GREAT movie based on a book. i think the Harry Potter movies did a fairly good job of this but since "they" hoped that Percy Jackson would be the next Harry Potter, they are SORELY misguided.
After you see the movie and if you like the concept, I would encourage you to read the series. it is fun and entertaining and has a MUCH better plot. P.S. another example of a great movie but even better books/plot = The Bourne Series. the books are freaking amazing. No joke after I finished reading them I said "These would make amazing movies.... wait they made movies and they are nothing like the books. DANG Movie Producers!"And i love the Bourne movies.....
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment