Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Randomness and Thanksgiving

Things about me, because I really like my cousins blog. I think he is inspiring.

1. Writting is theraputic for me. I have steno pads full of my ramblings. (Apparently this email as well). 25% is complete sentances and the rest are thoughts,phrases and words. There is just something so satisfying about typing or writing that just makes me feel better. I think it is because i feel understood even though I never show it to any one. "Being understood is psychological air, everyone needs it to survive." -Anon. Also when I write, i write in cursive. Partly because i like the way it looks and partly because i don't like my hand writting otherwise. The fun part is that I can tell my penmanship is getting better.

2. Music is a part of my soul. The right song in any mood can be extremely powerful. There are certain songs that no matter what I feel, just hearing the first few bars, calms my soul and it's like I heave this huge breath of relief that i didn't know I was holding in. (top few are Love and Memories, OAR; The dark night of the soul, Loreena Mckennitt; Yellow, Coldplay; Stars, Javert, Les Mis; you know my name, Audioslave (Casino Royale); I so hate consequences, Relient K; the soundtrack to Dr. Horrible's sing along blog; and many select Hymns. "It's the right time for a good song. Get something to say what i can't..." - Jimmy Eat World, Night Drive

3. I played the bass. Stand up classical, jazz and I have messed around with the electric. My favorite to play is the homemade wooden electric bass my good friend Matt L from college singles ward made all by himself. I miss him. And i am actually not that good at the bass anyway.

4. I am addicted to reading. I would say I will read anything but that is not true. I have a problem with horror and romance novels. My taste in books reflect my taste in movies. More so than I think I even know. I know i really like a book when i start dreaming that I am there and create my own sideplots. it is so vivid that sometimes when a book ends I am mad that my sideplot dream isn't resolved.

5. Stormy and overcast weather is my favorite kind of weather. I feel a quiet giddy anxiousness when it is stormy/overcast because it feels like anything can happen and will. The best 2 months of my life was living in Ireland and only seeing the sun 4-5 times total. Standing in the rain is like a drug. I feel like the superhero within is just ready to burst out of me and I can do anything. (It also makes me wish i were gene kelly and can dance the singing in the rain dance. That is a kind of superhero right?)

6. I actually enjoyed High school. But chances are good that it wasn't as great as I remember because i am not currently experiencing it anymore.

7.I LOVE holidays. I used to plan out my halloween costume the whole year before. Even now as an adult I still think about costumes in march or april. However I am a stickler about not celebrating too soon. I HATE when there is christmas stuff out in october!

8. I could spend the rest of my life travelling. My job is a means to travel really. I will never be a work-aholic because I can't even wrap my head around the concept. Don't get me wrong, I really like my job and what I do but it is by far not the most important thing in my life. I want to experience other cultures and ask questions and make friends with new people and places. It truly makes me happy just thinking about it.

9. I never had a problem with ear infections until I went on a cruise and went snorkeling, Now I have had 3 in the last 2 years..... blah.

10. Dreaming is my second life. I need to write them down because they would make wicked awesome movies. Maybe that would help this slump the movie industry is in that 90% is not original original. They are all based on books and old movies. Most of the time that is okay with me because I love my books but sometimes you just don't want to know the ending. I want to be surprised or get a twist you weren't expecting. My dreams are crazy but i dream about things,movies, books, or even people I have never seen before. It isn't always close to when I will see them but it happens quite often. The most vivid is What Lies beneath, The others, Harriet the Spy, and my friend Trevor Levitt. I don't know that he knows that either. I like the dream alter locations. I usually visit the same places in my dreams unless it is premenatory. I also love flying in my dreams. That didn't start up until recently and I didn't know that is what i was doing for several weeks at first. For some reason, most of the time I was flying, I was at my alter highschool in the main building, (Hawk hall for you Highland Alum) or my alter movie theather.

11. I love to sing. I used to do it all the time but now it is just in the car when I am by myself. My confidence was a little shot after I got married since Jared is so much better than I am....

12. I've held a baby lion!

13. I have to admit that I love analyzing people.Like people-watching but more in depth. I like to know why they do what they do. I like coming up with theories about people and relationships and mentalities. I knew this while in high school but it became much more prevelant when I got to work at LDS family services. The biggest enigma to my theories is my husband. I feel like I understand him the best and the least at the same time. I never have such a hard time understanding and being understood as I do with Jared. On the flip side there are glimmers of insight from the both of us that are truly amazing to experience and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

14. I think it is awesome that there is no 13th floor in any building. Don't believe me.... check it out :-)

15. I have a strange affinity for boy band accapella groups, hand bell choirs, rubix cubes, the TV show Bones, Lee Pace from pushing daisies, Broadway musicals, High school band t-shirts, inside jokes, snowglobes, my pillow, Ireland, heart shaped sticky notes on valentines day, Snailmail post cards and letters, warm tortillas, Smiles fruit snacks, hugs with my nieces and nephews, scotch tape and holiday banners.


THANKSGIVING EXTENSION:

16. I LOVE my family and my in-laws. I still can't get over how ridiculously blessed I am to have my family and then to exponetially increase it just by getting married. Before all my sisters got married, I strongly felt that any guy that married one of my sisters had to be the luckiest guys in the world to get to be apart of my family. I now love my brothers-in-law and know just how lucky I am to have them in my life. These feelings are now mirrored in my husbands family. Each one of them are such an example to me. I love spendning time with each and every one of my family members. I am grateful that I have strong relationships with each family member. It's a blessing that I know not every one enjoys and I want them to know how much I appreciate their existance in my life.

17. Jared is my perfect match. I love him for all that he is for me. I feel safe in a way that I have never felt before. He is always helping me be better and only wants to best for us. He is so smart and works so hard. I am proud of him and can't express my appreciation for him enough. I am more than lucky to have found him and blessed to have the rest of eternity with him. "I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you....I am the Luckiest..." - Ben Folds, The Luckiest (Our Song)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

4 comments:

  1. Now I know you even more!! Thanks for writing these things down - We love having you in our family! You've got a great guy, and he's sure got a great girl!! We love when you guys are here cause you bring such FUN with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garit Heaton. I am slightly addicted to reading his blogs. He is a huge fan of Dr Horrible too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um Joanna, did you know that Seattle is overcast most of the time too? Just a huge Hint! Miss you and love to read your blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete