Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Little belated Happy Halloween

So I realize that this is so late in coming but here it is. This was the Brimhall Halloween Party 2009. We had 8 of the 13 couple come and everyone dressed up! I love Jared and my costumes. If you can't tell, Jared is Fantasia Mickey Mouse and I am just regular Minnie Mouse. THANK YOU mom for helping us and make them! I still can't get over how great Jared looks.

This party is one that Jared and I really get excited about. We have a ton of decorations that we put up at the very beginning of the month and we start planning everything in September. We get most of our supplys from Oriental trading because they have fun and cheap stuff. We buy fun invitations too and this year they were messages in a bottle Pirate style. They came with a Skull and Crossbones ring and an eyepatch. We also get toys and goodies for a goody bag to hand out at the end of the night. This year it contained things like wax lips and a halloween paddle ball and eye-ball suckers.

We always plan to play a few games and as of last year I started creating a Halloween word search. This year I changed it up by adding some halloween trivia. (Way to go Robby Colvin and Kirsten Nelson for getting the answers right!) Some of the other games we played were a doughnut on a string, toilet paper mummys, and Halloween charades (the twist is that you have to move your partner to act it out and your partner doesn't know what you are trying to act out). We had some great puppet masters and some pretty awesome puppets as well. We divided in to teams and the team names were the Firefish and the Waterfish. (Thank you Spencer for getting that started :-) I don't remember who won but it ended up being pretty funny over all!

This year I really hoped everyone would dress up. We even bought trophies from Wal Mart. One was a Skeleton holding up a glass that held a bag of candy. The other one was a beat up hand holding a similar glass with candy in it. The winner of the adult contest was Bryson (Death holding Baby Bryson) I tthink it was amazing that the way that he moved, it really looked like Death was a person! The glowing red eyes really made the costume great! The winner of the baby contest was Julia W. Her princess costume was adorable! I must say that an honorable mention should go to Dallin as Jack Skellington! He was truely creepy looking. That and Spencer as Wolverine. ( He made his claws and they impressive!)

We usually make a pretty great spread of treats and this year we even tried to limit it. I saw this in a Halloween treats magazine. i thought they looked too cute and had to try them out. The one in the middle of the picture is Jared's tribute to "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." I also bought molds to do chocolate covered oreos. They had different pictures on the front. They looked plastic (according to several people) but they tasted fantastic. Even if you could only eat one because they were so rich! I should have taken more pictures but oh well, there is always next year!

We had a lot of fun and we can't wait to do it again. Thanks to all that came and made it awesome and for those that couldn't come, well just try to make it next year. We missed you!

Happy Belated Halloween!!






Toilet Paper mummies! And all the cute babies in attendance this year :-)























Halloween Charades





The doughnut on the string game. I believe Spencer won again.... For the Girls Kirsten and I had a perfect tie. We screamed at the exact same time!










Nutter Butter Ghosts. The one in the middle is for Charlie Brown!







Dallin as Jack Skellington. Did I say Creepy?!











Brittany and Curtis and Little Asher





The winner of the adult costume contest- Bryson (and Death)

















Bryson and Ashley and their cute little lamb








Greg and Alysson and Tootsie Roll Jolie

















Dallin and Carissa













Spencer and Kirsten and Princess Zoey.


















Taylor and Kristin and winner of the baby costume contest Princess Julia
















Angee and Robby







3 comments:

  1. Those are some great costumes. And Maybe you could invite some family next year. I would love to come to a fun Halloween party next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joanna and Jared! How are you guys? Looks like you guys are sure having a good time. Cute costumes! Next time you're in snowflake come by and visit.


    Josh and Marti DeWitt

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Vance and I would love to be to your next one. miss ya!

    ReplyDelete