I know this post should be about our Halloween party last weekend but Jared and I have had no time to get those pictures downloaded yet. i hope that it will be ready tonight or tomorrow :-)


Anyway, last night as part of a birthday present to me (and somewhat for Jared) we went to see the Phantom of the Opera at Gammage! Jared's older sister and husband came with us (for their own birthdays a month before ours). We went out to eat at Monti's on Mill Ave. The food was yummy. Jared got a steak and I got ribs. I have to say though that I am much more partial to Texas Roadhouse for a lot less money but oh well.
We got FANTASTIC seats. We were row 11 from the orchestra just to the left of dead center. I love it when you can actually see the performers faces. I had seen Phantom once before at Gammage when I was pretty little. I think my mom and I figured it out that I must have been 6 years old or so. I remember when the Chandelier goes up in the beginning, it scared my sister Jessica so bad that she started crying and had to switch me seats so she could sit by my mom.

The show was amazing! It was so beautiful and the set and the props were incredibly detailed. I love the scene with the Phantom and Christine in the boat across the stage with the fog and candles. The effect couldn't have been more perfect. The performers themselves were wonderful. Phantom, Christine and Raul had great voices. I was really impressed with them.

Jared said he really enjoyed it. HE really liked the Phantoms costume at the Masquerade. He skeleton mask and that the jaw moved when he spoke.
I love that he is willing and enjoys going to shows like that with me. I really appreciate the fact that it isn't torturous for him. I wasn't too subtle that I wanted to go see this show and he made sure it was a great experience, especially with great seats! I am so lucky to have Jared and that I can enjoy these memories with him. I know most guys wouldn't be okay going to a 2 and half hour musical play!


You are so lucky - Brian wouldn't dare go to one of those with me!! Glad you guys had a great time, and loved it!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
ReplyDeleteFun for you! :) Brett is always a trooper and goes with me, too. Phantom is not my fave, but any experience at the theatre is a good one in my book!
ReplyDeleteOH and yes we need to hang sometime!
ReplyDelete