Sunday, September 27, 2009

The happiest place on earth... Halloween Style!

Disneyland was wonderful. We had so much fun. I just wish my feet didn't hurt so much at the end of each day. Jared was awesome tho because he was willing to rub my feet. He must love me a lot! We went for the Disneyland challenge that our friends, Angee and Robby's Dad puts on every year. Last year was our first time and we got 2nd place on the Advance challenge. This year we got 1st place and won $100! This year the challenge was about the legend that there is real treasure somewhere on the Disneyland property. There are markers that are from the gold rush time that are still visible in the park and there is a palm tree that was part of the contract for when the land the park was built on must remain or the owners would not sell. Our team was the Mad Hatters with Dallin Fish, Elena Makiyama, and Robby and Angee Colvin. I can't wait to go again next year! Here are just some of the picture from the trip. We were lucky enough to get so many with characters!
In Jared's family he is Doc from the seven dwarves. Funny that he got that as a kid and now he works in a hospital.
He was fun character to get a picture with. He was gigantic! and I love Sully from Monsters, Inc.
For the first time ever, they changed Space Mountain to Ghost Galaxy for the Halloween Season. It was creepy and a lot of fun!
Micky kissed my hand when I met him. I can't believe we got lucfky enough to get a picture with him with out standing in line for forever.
Minnie was super cute. She and micky were taking pictures right next to each other. We got lucky to get them both!

This is on the Toy Story Midway games ride. Superfun but I hate the long lines. Bummer deal when there are no fast passes.
Mulan said she never brings out the guns and that we were special. She was really sweet. She spent like 5 minutes with the 3 little girls in front of us just talking and finding out how their trip has been so far. I was impressed she took the time ans sounded so genuine.
This was one the first rides we went on in the park. The boys decided to pick their noses and the girls were grossed out. Except for Angee, it looks like she is eating hers.... :-)
I really like this picture. Jared got a good silhouette of the castle during the fireworks show. Jack is just projected on to a giant balloon behind the castle. He was the MC of the show.
This is another good one of the castle. Jared takes really good pictures!
We got this pass because while we were on the Grizzly River Rapids ride in California Adventure, there were technical difficulties. We were stuck on our raft for over 30 minutes in the sun until they decided they needed to just evacuate the riders and work on the ride. We got to see them turn off the water so that it was completely drained. We climbed out and had to go through the fake mountain to get out. It was hot and long but a once in a life time experience. We had another couple with us on our raft and I am pretty sure he was a Mason. He had a really cool looking signet ring that had one of the symbols.
I don't know if this is a very flattering picture but it was fun!
This was for our team T-shirts. Since we were the Mad Hatters. This is the new mad hatter in the Tim Burton film that should be coming out early next year.
Jared had fun with Iron on transfers. He found this picture and just had to have the shirt. I am not complaining. I think it is cute. However we debated on having it say "Tigg- r Treat"

No comments:

Post a Comment