Monday, September 21, 2009

A new leaf and new page and new calling...

So I think in my life change is and always has been done in a whirlwind effect. Now is no different. Saturday I got a call from our ward executive secretary asking if I could come meet with a member of the bishopric in an hour at the church. So an hour later, I was released from teaching CTR 5 with Jared to be called to be a Relief Society Instructor. This is a truly inspired calling. I had been feeling the need for a change. There were some personal struggles I was experiencing and what our 1st counselor told me in that meeting was exactly what I needed to hear/what I was already feeling. Teaching relief Society is my favorite calling. I haven't had too many in my life but I am really excited to do this one again. Its been close to 2 years that I've been in primary. I love our class and I loved the fun we had in seeing them grow and learn but I thrive with discussions and analytical thinking. It was like a battery re-charge going to Sunday school and relief society this past Sunday. I missed it tremendously.
Okay so that doesn't seem too whirlwind and I agree but along with that, during the 3rd hour at church, Jared pokes his head in and asks me to come with him. We have a quick meeting with our 2nd counselor and our Stake high counsel representative. Jared is now called to be the 2nd counselor for the Elders Quorum. We will be gone next week and then general conference so they had to do it right then. They wanted to make sure I would support him in the calling and that he would accept the calling. Then we interrupted Priesthood to have him sustained and set apart. All this within about 25 minutes. Our second counselor was very sad to see us leave primary. He told us that we had been a rock there. I have to admit some of our kids were high maintenance but it was a lot of fun. It is amazing to see such special and individual personalities in 3,4, and 5 year olds. I learned a lot from this calling. I was so scared when we first got the calling. I didn't think i would be able to do it. I have no idea why seven 3 year olds were more intimidating than 30 adult women but it was. It really helped me learn how to interact with little kids and see how much they retain and what helps them learn. I think Jared will really miss it. He is the reason we were put in Primary in the first place. The kids loved him and really responded well with him. I am excited to when we have our own kids because I know for sure that he will be a wonderful Dad.

5 comments:

  1. YEA FOR YOU!!! I always LOVED your lessons in our singles ward. :) You'll do great! Plus when you do have a baby, it'll be easier to be in RS than primary for sure. haha! :) Hopefully, that will be your next whirlwind change to come through!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to hear your lessons too!! And hurray for finally haveing a blog! I am so proud of you it will suck you right in haha but totally fun! Sorry about hanging on Sunday we feel like such bad friends lately I hope you know that we love you both so much though you are like fam to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be a fabulous RS teacher! I'm a little jealous - just called to Primary after many years in RS or YW. You have terrific insights and instincts ..... lucky, lucky ward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your blog! Do you mind if I put the link on mine? And ya, we were sad to steal you from Primary (you were the AWESOME teachers of many of our kids) but we are super excited to have you in RS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely put my link on your page. I have suddenly loved everybody's pages. I need to spend some time and make mine more cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete