Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conferance

General conference is over and I am sad to see it go. I feel like I did when I got home from EFY. Spiritually fed and such a strong desire to be good and do everything I know I should and focus on being of service to others. Sometimes I wish I didn't work because then I could go around doing service like the 80 year old Sarah that was cleaning out her neighbors rain gutters. I know that is not what is required of us but i love that feeling. I love this calm and and immense strength I feel after listening to our leaders of the church.
Jared told me that when he was in school and first learned about the end of days prophecy about 2 disciples going to preach, the lamb and the lion, he thought that Elder Holland might be the lion. After listening to his truly powerful testimony I can understand what he means.
I found out that as the Relief Society teacher I will be teaching the 4th week and the lessons will be the conference talks. At first I was really anxious about that. It seems easier to me to teach out of the manual because that comes with the questions you should ask during the lesson. Conference talks don't come with that help. After listening to the prophets voice and the voices of the quorum of the twelve, I feel blessed to have the opportunity to dig deeper in to their counsel and share that with the sisters of my ward. I hope I can give them the proper devotion that they deserve.

2 comments:

  1. In collage I was the 4th Sunday teacher and I loved being able to use the conference talks because they give you like 3 to choose from and as you know there is so much wonderful stuff to pull from, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, well not about teaching in RS though, for right now anyway. Good luck teaching. I cry through the whole thing when I try to teach.

    ReplyDelete