Okay so it has been more than a full week since we learned so pretty important news. Our Heavenly Father has decided to entrust us with not one but 2 little souls on this earth. These souls with be pretty special indeed. Because I hear BOYs are always pretty special :-) And there was no denying that these two are boys!
I still can't get over how crazy this whole thing is. I hear a lot of advice and a lot of how hard it will be.
I won't deny that it will be hard but NOTHING can detract from the fact that I can't wait to meet them face to face.
Because we are lucky enough to be getting twins, I am lucky enough to see a Perinatalogist for the next several weeks. They have to make sure my cervix stays long enough to keep my babies in me till they are really ready to come out. So far everything looks good.
My Dr said "You are just having a LOVELY twin pregnancy." I love that he said that. It makes me feel so much better. I still worry because I don't feel like their movements are super defined yet. According to the ultrasound, they are more busy kicking each other that kicking me. I am sure once their space starts to run out, they will turn on me instead of each other.
The U/S tech couldn't get a clear picture of their hearts because they were moving way too much. when they started with checking my cervix, the first think we actually see is baby A's hand shoot out to be in the picture. The whole thing took about 2 hours. 2 hours of seeing our babies! and i didn't even have to have a full bladder! YEA for top of the line technology!
Some of the little stuff: I think baby A had the hiccups the other day. I fall asleep much easier on my right side but i sleep much more comfortably on my left. i usually move much when I sleep now. I still have lots of vivid dreams. My feet get really tired pretty quickly. i have been feeling nauseated lately. Just in general, 90% of my time has a twinge of discomfort. 
We have only taken one Preggo profile Picture. This one is taken just after 18 weeks. I will have to make sure to take one on Wednesday as that marks my half-way point (gasp* 20 weeks is already here?!)
Next picture is a profile pic of Baby A. I thought I saved all the pictures from the U/S but apparently i only saved 2 and both are of Baby A. Next time will be of Baby B.

We like the names Logan Christopher and Jacob Crew. they are not set in stone but we really like those. My only hesitation is that Jacob is the #1 boy name for 2009. I don't love the idea of using such a popular name but I really do like the name Jacob. (My fav person in the Book of Mormon). Besides I am having a tough time coming up with something else that goes with Crew. Either way, we have a few months to decide.
Just to let you know, we have known it was twins since our first U/S at 5 weeks 1 day. We saw 2 little black sacs right away. they normally don't do an U/S that early but since they were way off on my original due date, they thought I was closer to 7-8 weeks at that point. so we got to come back 2 weeks later to check viability. it was then that we saw both beans and their strong heartbeats. We even got to see the blood flow. WAY cool!
I am not one to keep secrets about myself. There is not really much that is too personal. if you have a question, I won't be awkward about answering it. Now knowing that, can you understand how hard it was keeping something like this to myself? i kept asking Jared to just tell people. But he got it in his head he wanted to wait until we knew what we were having before we told anyone. I do have to admit that it was pretty fun hearing/seeing all the shocked reactions we got in making that announcement.
It is much more real to me now that everyone knows. We bought our cribs and stroller and car seats this weekend. We found some amazing deals! I'll post about them later.
So to sum up, JARED AND JOANNA ARE HAVING TWIN BOYS! i still get a kick out of saying that :-D
Love the pictures. I can't believe you are already 20 weeks man the next few months are going to fly. Why get all the big items now when people will be willing to help out with those type of costs?
ReplyDeleteI want pictures. SOON
Miss you tons. and love you lots.
This is seriously so cool! You'll be great with them both! Lots of work, but I also can't help but think how much fun they'll be together!
ReplyDelete