Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My schmoopie

Yesterday as of 12pm Jared and I have been married for 3 whole years. It was three years ago today that I woke up at 5:30am (after only sleeping 4 hours) so that my friend could come and do my hair. Then Jared picked me up to go to the Snowflake temple. We decided that we wanted to do an endowment session right before we got married. I am so grateful for that experience. Because there are a limited amount of seats, everyone in that session was family or a friend.



It was really windy that day. Beautiful weather as it usually is in Snowflake in March. We stayed at the Heritage Inn in the Presidential room. Beautiful room with a double Jacuzzi tub.



The next night we took the midnight flight to Florida to leave on our honeymoon cruise. What was supposed to be a 5 hour flight took more than 12. Lots of problems and time delays. We got stuck in Texas for a few hours in a couple different cities. We finally got to Florida (and after waiting an additional hour or so on the tarmac) we rush to get our luggage. Which didn't come. We missed our boat. Our luggage finally came a couple of hours later. So we went to the desk to figure out what we were going to do in Florida with no plans. The Airlines put us up in a nearby hotel and we flew home the next day. (On a different airline)



Our first Anniversary, we went on a cruise to make up for it. We went with my sister and her husband for their 5th anniversary. We decided to play it safe and leave from San Diego so there wouldn't be any chance of missing it due to flights. It was a blast.



Our second anniversary, we went on another shorter cruise with more family this time. Also for my sisters anniversary and my parents anniversary. We didn't go until May so for the actual day we kept it simple. We went to our favorite upscale restaurant, Alto. We went for a ride in a Gondola. It was wonderful!



This year, we aren't going out, we aren't planning a cruise (as of right now) but this year didn't disappoint. We bought a house instead. One thing that is sad is that Jared had to work the late shift and is on call this week. I decided to leave early from work and surprise him with lunch. The only problem is that by the time I called him on my way home, he was already in the car to go to work early. Instead of having a nice lunch together at home, we got fast food and didn't even have time to eat it in his car in the hospital parking lot. I went home and spent the rest of the day at home alone. Working and painting. (We are almost done!) He didn't get home until well after I went to bed. I can't complain though because I get to be with him for the rest of eternity and we will just go out to dinner another day!

Its hard to believe that we have been married for 3 years. and I love Jared so much. He has made my life better in every way. I am so excited for what life has in store for us!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I;m so glad you're happy! I think I would have enjoyed being home alone painting but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grats. happy that youre happy and in love. and thats awful about your honeymoon. my fury would have been limitless if that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary you two! You have made our lives better too seing as how we don't have to worry about Jared anymore :-) Thanks for taking over! You guys are a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the worst part of the whole missing the boat was that we could have made it if our luggage had come in time. We also found out later that they could have just sent our luggage to our first port once it turned up but no one told us that. Then they offered to send us to our first port to meet the boat then but i didn't have a passport then. We were really not meant to be on the boat.... or the Airlines just really sucked! I think I will go with the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who needs a stinkin' honeymoon anyway! The best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! How exciting to get a new house, instead of a cruise!!!! So glad you guys are so happy and you still LOVE each other!! We sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete