Sunday was Jared's birthday. He is now 29 years old. We joke about how he is so old and I am so young but it really doesn't matter. I love him and that is what is important.
For the past year or so, there has been a man that sells turtles on the way in to maricopa. Every time he is out there, I really want to stop and get some! Ever since my sister Heather got one, I have been jealous. As fate would have it, this man was there on our way home from birthday breakfast on black friday with Jareds family. We had just gotten all our birthday cards from the Brimhall side of the family and so following their advice to spend the money on something fun, Jared flipped a u-turn and we bought 2 little turtles!

We bought a boy and a girl. The man said they are old enough to mate and that we should expect a clutch in the spring time!! The boy is the bright green one. He is super fast and so he is named Flash. Jared took forever to name him. It went from Speed to Hydros but finally settled on Flash.
He is all over the place. He goes back and forth between the water and the rocks. He just looks hilarious when he basks. Legs all stretched out... we had to take a picture. 
He is all over the place. He goes back and forth between the water and the rocks. He just looks hilarious when he basks. Legs all stretched out... we had to take a picture. 
The Girl is named Calypso. She has just been sunbathing ever since we got her. She doesn't spend much time in the water, she just likes sitting on her rock the closest to the light and warmth.
On Jared's birthday, he ended up having to work a full day but that night I made dinner and his favorite Lemonade pie (thank you Momma Brimhall for the recipe!)
He got a few presents that I made him open sporadically through out the day. He got a new fossil watch, Muppets Season 3, christmas Disney antenna toppers, a new nice white shirt, and Disney Pixar Monopoly.
He got a few presents that I made him open sporadically through out the day. He got a new fossil watch, Muppets Season 3, christmas Disney antenna toppers, a new nice white shirt, and Disney Pixar Monopoly. 
We played the quick version of the monopoly game after dinner. I got really lucky with most of my rolls! Jared couldn't believe how it was happening. I felt bad but there isn't really a way to let someone win that game. We had a lot of fun anyway. We will just have to have a re-match so he can win :-) (The winning board above)
I am so grateful for my hubby and I love him dearly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jared!!
Today is my birthday but I will have to blog later about how it goes. :-)


Happy happy birthday!!! Tell Jared we're so sorry we missed saying happy birthday to him on his birthday. Cute turtles! Thats a way cool present.
ReplyDeleteHow fun - We love our turtle! They are soooo quiet!! Perfect pet! I have been thinking about you ALL day - but just didn't get to wish you a Happy Birthday - hope it was super fun, and Jared was good to you!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the turtles. From the looks of it you will! Kathryn will love to see them too. So invite us out for some festivities sometime!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday jared and joanna!
So fun!! Love the cute Turtles Joanna! We need to come see them soon so funny how the one stretches his legs out hahaha I was laughing so hard at that picture! I also wanted to tell you HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a fabulas one!!
ReplyDelete