Today marks the 4 year anniversary of Jared and my marriage. We celebrated in 2 parts over the past 2 days since Jared has to work/be on call for the next 3 days including today. Its a bummer when this happens but him having a job is more important. This year we went to go see "I am number four" and we both loved it. There is nothing we would change to make it better. I hope it gets enough hype so that a sequel will be done. I now have a desire to read the books it is based on. We also went to dinner at our go-to celebration restuarant. It is called Alto. It is one of the many dining options for the Scottsdale Regency Hyatt. I bought a coupon from restaurant.com so that if we spent $100 we would get $50 off. This made it fun because instead of trying to keep it really cheap we ended up getting to try a little bit of everything that we wanted. We even had enough to get an extra dessert for my parents that babysat for us. One of the great things about this restaurant is that if you eat there they give you this free voucher to the gondola rides at the back of the resort. This visit was our 5th visit since we first went 4 and a half years ago for our 3 month date. For all 5 visits we have had the same gondolier. His name is marcus. He also has a son named Jared. He has a FANTASTIC singing voice. I hope that the next time we go we will have marcus again. Its been a fun tradition :) As for today though, Jared is currently at work and has been since 7 this morning. His shift doesn't even technically end until after 7:30 pm but since he is on call there is no telling when he might actually come home.

I just need to say that at this point in our marriage I can honestly say I am truly happy. 2 of the happiest moments in our life together have happened in the past 6 months. Driving home from our date in scottsdale I told Jared that I felt so happy. Simply and purely happy.

I love Jared with all my heart. I am eternally grateful that he is my companion. I love that he is the father of my children and that we have the rest of our lives and beyond to grow closer together.
Thank you sweetheart for four amazing years. and maybe next year we can shoot for a cruise again :-)


Congratulations Joanna!! Four years seems to have gone by so quickly. I read I Am Number Four by the way and it is a very easy read, but it leaves you hanging. Haven't seen the movie yet. Take care of yourself and that sweet family of yours.
ReplyDelete