Thursday, September 16, 2010

Changes and not including diapers... yet (Part 1)

It's been awhile since I've posted anything so here and I've had this blog post saved as a draft for the past couple of weeks, so I am finally getting around to it. Here are some updates and fun things we have done recently.

Jared put together our changing tables. They look amazing. We haven't gotten to the cribs yet(because we need to paint before we put any more stuff in that room. Any suggestions on painting would be appreciated! ) but I know that since the cribs match the changing tables they will be perfect.

Jared is playing on a city softball team every thursday night. He plays 2 games. He says the team really isn't great but they are getting better and aren't getting slaughtered every game anymore. The games only last a few more weeks. By then I am sure he will be sad to seem them go. I sure miss him on thursday nights because he doesn't get done until I am already asleep but I know its been good for him so I try not to complain too much :-)

Since Jared is gone every thursday night, I decided to take my sister Rachel to the Savvy Shopper sale a week or so ago. My friend Kristin let me know about it and i will be forever grateful! I scored all kinds of swag for extremely cheap. I got a twins breastfeeding pillow for $25 that is normally $60-$90 . I also got a pregnancy sleeping pillow that wraps around you for $20. A bumbo seat for $10. And lots of books :-) I also got several more things but its a long list so I'll just leave it at that. I was only there for 2 hours but my feet were super swollen and I was exhausted by the end of it. The only down side is that I didn't get the twin packnplay for $100 that I loved, or 2 swings. I think those are the only major things we have left to get.

As for another major thing we are almost set on is a bigger family car. I know life will be difficult enough with 2 babies coming at the same time so I thought it would make it just a little easier if we had a bigger car. So we called up my cousin that buys cars at auction and told him to look for a toyota sienna. The next day he calls us back and says he has a 2010 with 13000 miles on it for under $20,000. My parents drove up to vegas to pick it up the next weekend. We love it! Its been a little bit of a pain to get it financed but as of Saturday it is official ours.

Now, anyone interested in buying a 2002 Dodge Stratus? Everything just got fixed on it and it runs great. Let me know if you are interested or know someone that would be interested.

I am sure there are other things I am missing but for now this is what you get. All the medical updates will come in a seperate post.

PS this is what was sitting on our back seat when we went to get our minivan. SO CUTE! Thanks Mom (and Dad) :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment